Sunday, May 9, 2010

Here we go again

Well, I decided that the next marathon would be four weeks or after, so I took the last so many weeks from my original training program and started there. So I ran 20 miles at the gym yesterday. Yes, 200 microlaps at the gym. It was too cold and windy for me to go outside as the cold makes my lungs mad at me. I hate wind too. So I got energized up on Friday night and got up early Saturday. I finished the 20 miles with a little walking, gatorade, and a lot of off and on leg pain. I finished though and have been icing it and will take a week off from running. That is not to say I won't be doing other exercise. It's totally amazing that I could basically easily complete this 20 miles while struggling last weekend. No, I wasn't running at near the pace, but still. Feeding the body is so important.
Anyway, it was a good run, my legs are NOT sore today at all minus the injury area, so I'm very confident that I can at least finish the next marathon quest in a good time. I have no desires to kill myself to qualify for Boston, as my balloon is deflated. Maybe I will get the urge to try really hard again, but at this point, I want to, have to finish my next marathon. It's amazing what this training has done. I am a very strong runner now more than ever, again, minus the injury. I would love to get my short race speed up after I'm done with this, sleep in a little more, and enjoy the running instead of worrying about the next training run. Yes, it's all self inflicted, but it's rather fun to watch yourself transform. Not on the outside mind you as I think I look exactly the same, no weight loss, nothing, but underneath, my muscles are runnin' strong!
Well, my living room looks like a movie theater, so my boys and I are going to enjoy an afternoon of Monsters vs. Aliens with our bowls of popcorn and Sierra Mist.
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there, whether you have living or non-living children, or furry children, or naughty children, or even if you don't like children. If you are a caretaker, you are a mother. Thank you to all the moms out there for all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment