Thursday, May 6, 2010

The aftermath

It has been an emotional week. I have all sorts of feelings from the letdown of the "marathon" weekend. So many people knew what I was going to attempt to do, so I had to explain to a lot of people that just because you have a mustang in the garage doesn't mean it can run without fuel. That's the way I felt about the supposed marathon I was to run last Sunday. I'm getting over it, I have a plan of action, but I'm just not going to share it with many people so I don't have to explain what happened if something else happens this time. I have gotten all support from people that I did the right thing. I don't question that as I have run before when I didn't have the energy and it totally soaked me and I ended up throwing up, and that was ONLY 17 miles. So I knew better. But as one friend said, the problem that I had was an easily fixed one. Something that I can remedy easily for the next time. That's both the good news and the bad news. It was as dumb and simple as not eating correctly the day before while all along, I thought that I was doing the right thing. Big ole' buzzer comin' my way! Anyway, I realize what I did wrong and will try, try again. I do have a plan, just not willing to share the exact details. I hope to come back and tell everyone that I did it... I either qualified for Boston or I at least ran a good race ALL THE WAY THROUGH. As another put it, you have good days, you have bad days, go with the flow, learn from them and move on. And as I've said in a few other posts, I'm going to keep on keepin' on. I'm pissy that I have another 20 miler to do on Saturday. I thought I was done with these. Nope. Need to get these muscles back into distance. With the injury and everything else, I need to suck it up and go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment