Monday, August 31, 2009

A very long run today





Pictures: Fun with Goldie.....and one of Holly, the kitten who, when I fed her, would hold up her paws as if to say "Hallelujah". Sweet, such a sweet baby...

Goodness, I ran 17 miles this morning. It took me 2 hrs and 40 minutes so not too bad. I was freezing and should have worn a long sleeve shirt. Of course, because it is AUGUST, I didn't but at least I didn't have a sleeveless on. I got my new pink shoes on Saturday and because of the strange way my old shoes with new inserts in them felt, I decided to wear my new ones. Good decision since my legs still feel good today. My long run with new shoes didn't bother me either so very happy about that. Not the smartest move ever...
I don't know if it's because I know I have to get up early or what, but I just couldn't sleep last night. I couldn't last weekend either before my first longer than usual run. Now today, absolutely no food sounds good. I just choked down a HyVee blueberry bagel, which normally, you would have to beat me back with a stick, but forced myself to eat it. NOTHING sounded good except for a certain kind of Smart Ones frozen meal that I didn't have. I almost thought about getting a little hamburger from McD's, but didn't feel like driving the entire mile to go get it. Sad, huh?
I will take tomorrow off running since Andy has to be at work very early. I need to get some rest too so that will be good. I have a lot to take care of tomorrow. Ugh.
Kitty news: I took Sadie to her home with her owner Steve. It was where she came from anyway so I'm sure it didn't take her long to get used to it. I saw a beautiful mom cat that Steve is taking care of. She's got some absolutely gorgeous kittens that are clean and chunky so that was great to see. Steve is also a sucker for cats and is a really nice person that I hope can help out Paw Prints if he can.
I took the itty bitty kittens back to Beth on Sunday. After cleaning the kennel out four times Saturday (once after only 30 minutes- I swear one minute it was clean, the next was armageddon) I had a breakdown and needed to spend more time with my kids. I was actually spending more with the cats so I felt very out of balance. She is such a gracious person and took them back with no issues. Now I have Velvet and her four remaining babies. If I didn't mention before, one was an early adoption. The new owner had a lot of cat and caretaking experience so Beth thought it would be ok to let her go. She had another kitten pal to cuddle with so that was good.
Because all I wanted to do today after the long run was to lay on the couch or floor, I didn't get much cleaned up, but I'm glad that it doesn't take several hours a day to take care of older kittens with a mother. That is a case in point why kittens should never be taken from their mother. I do feel guilty for taking them back. They were growing well and they were so thankful in their kitten way when I would feed them and just hold them close to me. I just have to be patient and remember that in two very fast and short years, I will have both kids in school and will have more time to take care of itty bitties like that. I just wish that it wasn't necessary.
Well, I am trying to get pictures of my kittens, but they look mad or all you see is a blurry tail, so will keep on trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment