Friday, August 28, 2009

Sadie is leaving tomorrow

I will miss Sadie. She's the tiniest full grown cat I have ever known at just over 6 pounds. She's a sweetie. I was worried because when I got her, she would hiss a lot and even when she was rubbing on my leg. She's just a darling and I will miss her. She is going to a wonderful home with her sister, Socks.
I am still bottle feeding the itty bitties (as Beth calls them). They are such an entire mess. I cleaned this morning as I do every morning and by the time I got home at 4, it was a disaster. I think Momma cat Velvet is getting worn down, but she needs to be in there with the itties in the night and she wants to be with her babies during the day as well. I'm not sure if she can overdo it, but I'm making sure she's getting lots of food and love. She is behaving normally though so I'm not concerned at this point.
One of the long haired puffball babies, Renegade, has a really bad eye infection. He's been to the vet twice so we're hoping this round of medication will work.
Besides being a pain to take care of and clean up after, those kittens are such a gift. I was feeding them last night and they start purring almost immediately after I started. I can feel their tiny hearts beating so fast and I know that because of Beth and her generosity, they are still alive. Otherwise they would have been left to die at Animal Control. It's just sad but a fact. I hope some changes are made there soon...we are hopeful.
I still need 5 pledges, so if anyone reading this would like to pledge for me running 2 races, one of which is a full marathon, please send me an email. Thank you!
As for running, I have to get new shoes so bad. My feet and lower back are hurting, especially my feet. I am going tomorrow. Don't think I will get my next long 15-16 mile run in with the new ones as I will need to break them in. Hopefully they come in pink like my current shoes.
Well, my kids are full of energy. I don't know where they get it and I wish I could bottle it for my own personal use, but of course I can't.
Time to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment