Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kittens, Kittens, and more Kittens





Here are the before and after pics of what I have mentioned below....

Boy, are kittens messy! The mom cat Velvet is taking good care of all her brood plus her foster kittens. I'm glad I (or rather, Velvet at MY house) can help Beth out as she was getting really tired from getting up to bottle feed 13 kittens! These are the ones that Animal Control picked up and didn't take the mom with them. Duh. It's not like humans...they need their mom!
I also wanted to mention that I have received some pledges for my marathon running. I thank you all so much for your generocity. I did name one kitten after someone's cat who passed. I hope it is ok, but our soft orange kitten is now named Maggie. She's a darling!!!!!

Anyway, I wanted to post pictures of what Beth and Kris did at a lady's house who befriended Beth because of the grant. She has had several of the cats in her yard have babies and needed that to stop. Because of the grant, Siouxland Paw Prints Rescue was able to have her adult cats spayed and neutered and has taken in the kittens produced from these adults. Her yard was in disrepair because she was just not able to take care of it. She is 88 years old and works to pay her property taxes. She does what she can and really does love these cats. I think this is a tremendous story of heart, which started with Beth, who decided that this lady deserves more. And when I say lady, I mean Lady, not as in, "Hey lady, get outta my way!". It's supposed to mean Lady who cares and who we care about. There's so many stories like this in Sioux City and we are doing our part to make a difference in their cats' lives as well as their lives too. These people deserve our respect and love.

If you can show someone an act of kindness, whether or not you get recognition for it, I would strongly suggest it.....it can make someone's day, week, month, year. You never know, but just try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment