Friday, May 15, 2009

Race in Orange City

Wish me luck! I am headed to the Tulip Festival race in Orange City on Saturday morning for a 10k. I have taken a few days off and then ran this morning and it didn't feel the best, so I'm hoping for a great run! It should be quite cold too! Wish me a speedy finish time :)
Goldie is going to be at Petsmart on Saturday along with several other wonderful cats who need adopted. I don't know if I will be able to make it, but I want to. My son is going to be at a football camp with the Sioux City Bandits tomorrow too and we will go to the game in the evening. They called today and asked if he would like to run out on the field with them before the game! How cool is that??! I'm so excited to tell him.
I have to comment about my last blog regarding the crap going on at Animal Control. I don't know if anything has been done about it, but I heard through the grapevine that some city folks were made aware of the terrible shenanigans going on. I hope things get cleaned up there. I also hope that people are made aware that these cats are being held are very sick. Or at least the ones that are still alive. There is a respiratory virus going around in cats and it is very contagious. If it doesn't get cleaned up, all the cats coming into the room will get it. If they are not vetted, they could suffocate. My darling Goldie had it and she didn't eat for a few days and was better only after staying at the vet's for 24 hours for fluids and a steroid to help her nasal passages. It's not right and it's not fair to these innocent animals. If you read my prior blog, you can figure out how I feel about it! I shall continue updates and I sincerely hope that I can make a difference. I'm hoping I can do more than write about it but haven't been able to this week.
How can it be so dark looking in the middle of the afternoon. Oh, I heard thunder so I answered my own question. It's so dreary and if I hadn't had so much to do, I certainly would have tried to take a short nap!
My cat Bailey (or Bailey Boo as we love to call her) figured out today that she likes being brushed with one of the glove-brush things. She avoided it, then decided to let me continue, and finally, she wouldn't leave me alone. She is a difficult cat to brush so thank goodness she isn't a long haired cat! So now maybe we can have the extra cat hair in the trash instead of on Tyler's bedspread.
More updates after the Tulip Trot tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment