Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pepper and Paw Prints

Yes, it's about Pepper again. What a sweet dog, darling, loving. I have to give the biggest thanks to Siouxland Paw Prints Rescue for finding him a foster home (she will help potty train and make him feel loved) until Beth will take him to Minneapolis. This is very difficult for me to write, but I did make a mistake in adopting him without a plan. I should have cleared with everyone what I was doing and getting the ok to adopt him and then place him. I couldn't stand to have him in that kennel for one more day. He really came about the past few days and has a very positive and loving personality. What is the word for a dog...dogality? Wouldn't it be so much easier if I didn't care so much? Yes, it would, but I would be missing out on so much of the extras in life, like saving a 9 year old dog from probable death at Animal Control, where he was terrified.
Anyway, it was very hard to see him go, especially since it was so sudden. I went to the vet to pick up Goldie from getting spayed and vaccinated and Beth was there getting two more cats back from them and giving more kittens to the vet to get vaccinated for adoption this weekend.
Petsmart is having an adoption fair this weekend and many cats and dogs will be there. I believe this is nationwide but not sure.
I have to increase my fundraising efforts...not sure how, but I will do it. They deserve more funds to continue to do what they do...saving lives of our dogs and cats.

I ran 8 miles this morning. Besides not getting enough sleep last night and being stressed out with the dog (no, not potty trained or I would have kept him until I could find him a quieter home) and so many other things, it felt really good. I was upset the entire run until the last tiny shred where I walk and cool off. I felt better...then...I...saw...that...the...rabbits...ate...my...new ...pretty...flowers...in...my...front...yard. Well, good thing I don't have a beebee gun, because I was so upset that I would have done it. I don't have tulips, sunflowers, or herbs because of those *UY%% rabbits, but they are rabbits and they are cute, fuzzy, fluffy, part of nature, and my boys love them. Needless to say, the run felt good and hopefully I can run in the morning outside, as it's supposed to rain.
I am a very strong believer in God and I don't think you get more than what you can handle. I came close to my current limit and I think it was obvious by what happened today. I haven't even mentioned the cat pee and fighting in the house that's almost made me spontaneously combust) I do thank God for bringing these cats, dogs, and people into my life. It is so enriched (yes, stress too) but it makes us better. There could be so many other terrible things that could be going on, husband losing a job, major house repair, kids sick (can hardly write that down), uncaring friends, bad family members....I am so thankful for the blessings I have and the path that I have been led down. Very interesting since my husband is playing the Wii Transformers game while my two young children look on. They LOVE it. I don't get it....

1 comment:

  1. You are doing such a wonderful thing! Don't feel guilty about it, all are doing well and have benefitted lots from what you are doing. I love you and fully support you. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete